Yorktel may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we make a material change to this policy, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective.
This policy is effective from 11 September, 2018
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website, products and services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information through our website, products or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of our products or services or any of their features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, job title, email address, phone number, physical and/or postal address and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers (“personal information”); and
- Information that is about you but does not identify you.
We may collect the following information automatically from your device:
- Information about you that does not directly identify you, such as device type or IP address.
Information we collect on or through our website, products or services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or in connection with our products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem to us.
- Information you provide to us at a trade show or other event.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us, including, through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on our website.
We may also collect your contact information, including name and email address, from a third party, in the case where your employer licenses our services and provides you with an account. If you believe your personal information has been provided to us from your employer and would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact your employer for this request.
If one of your contacts invites you to a meeting using our service, we will collect your name and email address in order to schedule that meeting and send you a meeting notification. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
Should we decide to use your information for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, we will obtain your consent at that time or establish the use under a lawful basis under applicable law.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Cookies also facilitate customer engagement by providing relevant advertisement. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to disable cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- To provide you with a service
- To keep internal records
- To provide usage reports and statistics to your company under which your account for services is contracted with.
- To improve our products and services
- To provide customer service and technical assistance
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Occasionally we may contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- To re-engage web site visitors with relevant products and services information
Sharing with Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
These services may include:
- Payment processing
- Providing customer service
- Fulfilling services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure and services
We may share your information with a service provider to send you marketing communications on our behalf. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Yorktel’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Yorktel is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of any agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yorktel, our customers, or others.
Processing of Employment Applications
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place generally accepted physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
Links to other websites or applications
Use of Third Party Applications, Services and Plug-ins
Accessing and updating your personal information
Upon request Yorktel will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame. In certain circumstances, we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information to continue providing a service. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would cause the information to be incorrect.
Controlling your personal information
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may choose to restrict our collection or future use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below, emailing us at email@example.com, or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found in the emails we send to you.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
York Telecom Corporation dba Yorktel participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. York Telecom Corporation dba Yorktel is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. [https://www.privacyshield.gov/list]
York Telecom Corporation dba Yorktel is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. York Telecom Corporation dba Yorktel complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, York Telecom Corporation dba Yorktel is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, York Telecom Corporation dba Yorktel may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website [https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint], you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Chief Information Security Officer
81 Corbett Way
Eatontown, NJ 07724